Thursday, December 28, 2006

20 miles - excellent

90 in 6 days! What can I say.

I would show you some photos that I took on my phone but I can't find my bluetooth dongle. So apologies - they weren't that exciting anyway.

R and myself met in Westerham at 10. It was like a Sunday morning - nothing like a working day although I know of only a handful of people working these three days. We cycled up some very steep hills and after the last one which rose around 100m we were rewarded with a fantastic view of Bough Beech Reservoir where we stopped for a satsuma. I was knackered by this point but we did do 20 miles in two hours which is an improvement over the last three days.

We returned to Westerham 10 minutes over our parking time. A Traffic Warden turned up as we were loading our bikes but he was ok that even though we were over time we had bought a ticket and he clocked someone else instead who had parked without one. I have met less friendly Wardens in my time which I think is a compliment.

While I make this entry I am watching Fanny Craddock cooking for Christmas on BBC4. She's been dead for about 20 years I'd say but she seems a bit of a nazi really, a bit of an old fashioned Ramsay. I do remember her vaguely, mostly for the fact that her husband appeared on tv with her and she nagged him throughout the whole program.....not much has changed has it ;-)

R and I had our annual New Year conversation about
a) how much we hate work
b) how much we would like to give up work
c) how we say this every year
d) how we never do anything about it

Well maybe this is the year....!

No comments: