Tuesday, December 05, 2006

E-mail addresses

For everything connected with google and blogger and flickr it appears that you have to have one of "their" email addresses set up to do anything remotely connected with their services and sites. Time was when you could have one email address and set up a user id and then verify it from your one sacred email address. But not now, oh no. You must have loads of email addresses that you are never going to use or either use it to ping all the incoming mail to your lovely prized main email address.

Am I making much sense? Am I the only who longs for the days of just one email address (oh, and maybe your work email address although they are generally unsuitable to provide as an id) and hundreds of user ids?

It's all just more clutter. And all more centralisation which originally the internet was supposed to be a good antidote to. Not anymore, the big boys are taking over!

Anyway as this is a cycling blog I had better add an entry - so here goes. Briefly:
I am not going cycling till next Sunday.
But I have ordered my roof rack. Exciting.
And I do not believe I look like Borat in my shorts.
I have set up my charity giving Webpage for the NAS but the thing is I need a suitable picture of myself for it. Some wag suggested posting the Borat picture. Some people aren't funny.

No comments: