Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Quick Update

27 miles on Sunday. It was freezing! So cold for the first half hour and the last half out of three hours. After two hours of lovely countryside riding Me and C stopped for two chocolate bars in one go outside the most horrific newsagents/confectioners/Off License in the world in a hell hole called Stone. I told him we were never going to cycle round there again and that part of NE Kent is quite lifeless and not very picturesque - we somehow found ourselves in this area and on the road to Bluewater which was very scary - all human life in their souped up numbers's bombing it at around 70 mph across four lanes of traffic to get to shopping heaven. I gave up trying to cross the lanes and walked my bike across the road instead. We need to plan a more rural route - this was like cycling down Regent street at 5pm.

N1 is off to Oz tomorrow for three weeks and I am off to the coast this weekend so it may be a while before we are all gathered together for a ride - probably the new year. However I have fitted a bike rack to the car and intend to be cycling around the coast on Christmas Eve! Supposedly. N2 has yet to join us but has signed up apparently.

I have my photos ready for the charity website - Dr Sex on legs apparently particularly in my Borats. I'll spare you the pleasure at the moment..

No comments: