Friday, January 05, 2007

Same rubbish different day

New Year ’s Eve has come and gone and all those drink fuelled thoughts of improving one’s lot have taken a back seat. At one point I was going to mount a one man campaign to take charge of this company and then carry out some sort of coup to take the business elsewhere with a bit of help from former employees. This is still uppermost in my mind…however I would really just like to leave here now. I don’t even have a contract in place at the moment! How rubbish is that!? How can I seriously carry out a revolution without a contract?

The eldest has discovered this blog so I will have to watch out for swear words and negative content from now onwards! That’s what I get for using his XP login to view my blog – he checked his browser history and bingo – the blog was no longer just mine. He’s even gone and set his own up now. If his makes for interesting reading I will set up a link although from what I’ve seen of it it contains far too much youth speak ;-)

Cycle wise (and let’s face it that’s what this blog is really about) I have made no further progress since last Thursday’s jaunt around Westerham. Unless you count eating mince pies, copious amounts of bottled beer and peanuts and large roast dinners as being part of my vigorous training over the past 6 days. Today my first day back at work was going to be a detoxify type of affair with fruit and water as the staple diet. I started well with a bowl of porridge but the temptation of a cappuccino was too great on arrival at Cannon Street due to a disturbed night’s sleep. So bang goes the healthy option for today but I still intend to make for a healthy dinner of fish and vegetables if anything has been delivered to M and S or Sainsbury’s today. Good progress at lunch with a sweet pepper and tomato soup and a brie, tomato and basil baguette from EAT. No caffeine this afternoon although I am gagging for a tea.

This weekend I intend to gather as many fellow cyclists as possible and head for Westerham. It will make a nice to change from Bexley and has a bit more hill training. I suspect only me and C will be attending. N1 is on his way back from Australia as I type although N2 may well be keen.

Now who can I get involved in my revolution…?

No comments: