Sunday, January 07, 2007

only 18 miles

Today we met at Westerham, me, C and N2. R was there also to guide us round the course - so handy to have someone who knows the locale and doesn't need to stand at the roadside gawping mindlessly at country direction signs. We climbed some very steep hills and negotiated some wet and muddy lanes, I really need some mudguards - more purchases to be made at Condors!

It was quite mild but a bit drizzly - wet cycle shorts all round. We did around two hours - all very satisfying.

C has set up his website - we are both fretting about who to ask, neither of us is keen to "beg" - not in our nature!

Watching "Kill Bill" on BBC2 as I type, it's a bit more violent than I thought it would be but still quite watchable. I am fairly squeamish you know!! The humorous bits in it mark it out as Tarantino - who else has employed Uma Thurman as much?? Interestingly some of the music in the film has been stolen and used in "X-Factor". How wrong. I'd rather be watching "Lost In Translation" if I'm honest, too much martial arts in this one for me.

No comments: