Sunday, January 21, 2007

Result times two

Result 1 - Managed to fit in cycling on Saturday and Sunday this weekend, 22 miles on each day. This is a milestone really as it proves that I can cycle two days in a row without too much trouble (although I will have to get nearer to 70 each day at some point!). Still it's a result at the moment. Mind you, it's only Sunday night at the moment - ask me how I feel tomorrow morning! I was unable to join in a kick around in Greenwich Park this afternoon. Well I went in goal but I didn't move much really. My leg muscles are suffering. I need some advice on to how to improve my leg muscles as they are really stiff and achy each time I ride and this wasn't the case when I started my training all those weeks ago.

Result 2 - I am over 70% of the way to my fund raising total after only two weeks. After all my worrying I may not need to donate as much myself or ask my readers to donate at all! Another result...

Listening to - Green Day, "Welcome to Paradise" (not by choice though).

PS Interesting article on how to reduce your carbon footprint in The Observer mag today. Simplest thing to do - stop buying and using those bloody patio heaters that everyone appears to have in the summer despite the warmer nights we have. Also, no need for a second fridge to keep beer and wine in. But the top one for me was use the car less and cycle more! I am feeling a bit holier than thou at the moment...


2 comments:

FBT said...

in that case, I can feel smug too as we do not have a patio heater (or even a patio) or a second fridge, and I go to work by bus. Admittedly, I live in a place that by its simple existence is just one gigantic carbon footprint

Anonymous said...

I've not done so well since yesterday as tonight every light is on in every room in the house even though all the rooms are empty - a bad carbon footprint !