Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Lovely white stuff and the joy of mudguards


My garden this morning at 8am! It would be a good day to show potential house buyers round if I was selling as the garden looks fantastic and all the rubbish etc is well hidden.

As the years pass I still get excited about the fall of snow on the rare occasion that it happens in London and even though it's only about a millimetres* worth and the whole of the Metropolis has ground to a halt I share the joy of my youngest who somehow sensed it had snowed during the night and woke up an hour early to experience it.

To prove the level of excitement generated, XFM asked people who had not yet opened their curtains/blinds this morning to open them on air to see if had snowed in their area. I can tell you that it had in Putney, Plumstead and Ruislip but in one other place it hadn't and the sound of disappointment in the caller's voice was too much to bear.

More snow is forecast this afternoon. Excellent.

And any cycling news you ask? Well none really, not in this weather. I hope to do 40 miles in one day this weekend. I have some new mudguards which means, in basic terms that I maintain a dry @rse** for the duration of my ride, the joy of this I cannot begin to explain to you but I'm sure you can appreciate it.

And so to work...

*sadly I can't work out if there should be an apostrophe here. This is a bit anal** isn't it?

**I appear to have used two rear related words in this entry***

***Oops there's another one ;-)

3 comments:

FBT said...

There should be. That's not anal, it's important to get to the bottom of things.

random.thoughts said...

Ha ha:-)

warriorgrrl said...

That's a beautiful snow photo! Nice work.