Sunday, October 08, 2006

Where it all began

At some point in a pub in the City of London a couple of weeks ago after a few pints I agreed to cycle from London to Paris in three days for charity. The idea seemed simple at the time, I mean, I used to cycle when a youth so what would be different now?

The next morning I awoke to realise the implications. In the cold sober light of day this wasn't going to be a walk in the park. I could have reneged but I didn't deciding to go through with the whole thing.

So this is it; two weeks later I have my welcome pack, I have several items of laughable but very practical cycling gear and one old mountain bike which actually looks new due to the little amount of use it has got over the last six years. Oh and I did my first day's training today and ache a bit.

More about the journey, my training, the charitee and the eventual improvement to my below average fitness will appear in this blog. Oh and the small matter of how you can add to my sponsorship funds....

No comments: