Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Training session

Sunday's initial cycling session went better than I thought. My "trainer" and "partner in crime" who have more experince than myself in all things two wheeled were gentle with me and I was pleased with the completion of 12 miles in the hour. I turned down the offer of one more 4 mile circuit as I felt it would be the difference between a slight ache or complete agony the next morning.
 
You must understand my level of fitness is pretty low although I count myself in good health. I used to cycle during my youth (when I also used to weep in butchers shops too*) but although it's been a few years since then I feel that my legs are up for the job with a bit of training.
 
So now to keep up the momentum and do this every weekend and of course, the secret is to increase the amount of time spent on the road. But one step at a time....
 
 

No comments: