Monday, October 23, 2006

12 miles instead of 20

Yesterday's training session started off well. Both C and new boy N and myself set off a bit later than intended and followed the same route as the previous Sunday, intending to do two laps to bring us up to the 20 miles.

However it started to rain half way round. Alas a bit of a whimpish cop out followed (insitigated by me but I think the others were keen to get home too) and we cut the first circuit down to 12 miles and headed home to C's for tea and marmite toast. My lycra shorts did not keep the rain out and my sweatshirt did an even worse job. A trip to the cycle outfitters is required to ensure the rainwear situation is brought under control. The eventual ride is over three days and although it takes place in May you cannot guarantee dry weather even in these globally warming days.

I am going to phone the doctor about the form tomorrow. Still no sign. I'm calm though.

And then I am off to Devon for a couple of days, hopefully we may fit in some cycling there on one of the trails. And maybe a blog update too.

No comments: