Saturday, October 21, 2006

New bike

It's getting a bit quiet on the cycling front this week - I'm not going to mention the Doctor's form despite the fact it's still not signed. However I have ordered a lovely road racing bike from Condor cycles. They have a shop in Greys Inn Road - I allowed R to come with me who encourages people to spend as much as possible but I can't blame him for how much I eventually did spend. Apparently I will be able to do 70 miles a day for three days using this beast with no worries of saddle soreness or aching legs. I'll buy anything when I think the salesperson isn't lying but R thinks it's ok so it must be good as he stands for no nonsense. It won't be ready for three weeks (three weeks? what are they doing with it?)

I think the final list of riders joining me may not be finalised yet. C is a definite, N is a definite and maybe there is a new entrant, A who has expressed a preference. I think a charity website for all of us is the answer.

You can read about the charity for which we are doing the ride here

I just had a call from a chap from Amex (they always call on a Saturday morning) inviting me to pay £9.99 a month for some emergency and accident fund for disability and emergency cash payments should I end up in hospital. I said "No" and then he asked me "Why? Why don't you want it?" and I didn't have an answer. I felt sorry for him, the same old calls, the same knock backs and the same crib sheet. It's humilitating for these people, they don't really want ot be making these calls as much as I don't want to receive them. Perhaps we should come up with a truce to banish these rubbish calls forever.

20 miles tomorrow hopefully. Watch this space - I'll put some photos up if I remember :-)

No comments: