Thursday, October 26, 2006

A little bit of mid week training

As I am in Devon I managed to fit in a bit of mid week training on the Tarka Trail and although there was not much mileage - (we did about three I would say and there was a lot of stopping and starting due to the number of young'uns who travelled with us - T was attached to my bike on a separate cycle, excellent idea) - it was good to get out and about.

The twins were the most impressive, at 4 years old they can balance and cover as good mileage as adults on faster bikes.

I recommend the Tarka Trail for a day's cycling - it is flat but covers some beautiful country side and passes some good cream tea emporiums. We didn't enjoy a cream tea as such but the Chocolate Fudge Cake at the Puffing Billy in Torrington has much to recomend it.

My trip to Devon is enjoyable but is tainted with a slight worry about work, namely that a lot of things have gone wrong and I am not there to help put them right, well at least the ones I can help with. I have not received any calls today and am not sure if this is a good or bad thing.

In the short term though I have more important things to worry about - I am having sausage (locally produced Devon ones of course), mash and onion gravy for tea and need to decide between the four flavours available so I will just have to think about all this work stuff later. Home tomorrow and then hopefully a cycle ride on Sunday - we really must do 20 miles this weekend else this 70 miles a day in May will be pie in the sky. And as for that bloody doctor and his form - don't get me started......

No comments: