Thursday, March 08, 2007

I'm free

The death of John Inman announced today brought a swathe of emails to my inbox this morning. I requested two minutes silence at 11 o' clock but this did not go down well. "Are You Being Served?" was rubbish but that doesn't stop it being part of my tv formative years and I probably split my sides laughing at it back in the 70s.

His demise covered on the 10 O Clock news where they implied that his character Mr Humphreys could have been gay! Ber-limey what a revelation! What next?

Anyway enough of this campery. This weekend is forecast to be good in the south (15 degrees and sunny on Sunday) so the two day round trip is looking good.

My racing colleagues and I have spent much time debating the few items that we need to pack and how best to pack them. So far we have decided on a toothbrush and a change of clothes for Saturday night and that's it. Everything else we can buy or will be provided by the hotel in Deal. The most cumbersome item is finding the lightest pair of shoes to take as I cannot wear my clip-in cycle shoes on Saturday night as they would look stoopid.

The only other requirement is directions. Which I must now go and sort out.

Random question of the day - Is there really any need to bring out a new version of itunes every two months on average? These downloads stuff up my laptop. Curse you, software snoopers.

Random thought - I have been attempting to grow a moustache for the last couple of days. I thought it looked ok but the youngest told me it looked rubbish. So off it came this morning.

2 comments:

FBT said...

your youngest is wise. No-one looks good with just a moustache, not even Magnum. I have never fancied a man with a moustache. It can't be done.

random.thoughts said...

I thought I looked rather debonair with it. I may still revive it in a couple of weeks or even a full beard.
I thought Magnum carried it off quite well but not as well as Brandon Flowers from The Killers.