Monday, November 06, 2006

Yesterday's route


New bike pic!

Yesterday we started with a nice ride along the south side of the Thames (the best side of course, the north side is just too new with all those bland buildings in the docklands – far nicer to see the derelict factories of the south side, much more atmosphere) and then a run to Bromley after a quick lunch. N was there but C has a bad back and is suffering with all sorts of complaints so it seemed wise for him to rest easy and watch the Arsenal v West Ham game instead. After an 89th minute goal by the hammers I don’t think he was best pleased.

Not an especially large amount of miles but some good hills were negotiated. There were some particularly steep ones in the area round Mottingham. Naturally the new bike negotiated these well and I am most pleased. N’s bike needs a service as his braking methods using his feet are worrying me slightly! Either that or a new bike is in order…I know just the shop for that…

I’m just waiting for the acknowledgement of my application form now, and when that is in place I shall be setting up the sponsorship page. Get your shillings ready!

No comments: