Sunday, November 19, 2006

Sunday Jaunt

30 miles today around the expanse of the countryside in NW Kent and then a few miles around Greenwich. The latter due to me having no keys when I got back from the former and so having to trek down to the "village" to get hold of some.

The first 30 were good. The weather was sunny but a bit cold with an icy breeze which you would expect for the time of year. You had to be going for a few miles before warming up. A slightly different route today around Dartford and Longfield and Meopham. We stopped for the obligatory Mars Bar which prompted a discussion about the rarity of King Size Mars bars now and how you only see the Mars Bar Duo which is a bit of a disappointment in comparison. We think it may have something to do with the Food Industry and the government discouraging us from consuming king size snacks. It's wrong to eat Mars Bars really but you do feel you've earned one after 10 miles cycling.

Only C was present today - N was out of action due to his bike undergoing some serious surgery. I hope they fix his bike. We returned after 2 and a half hours for tea and toast with Marmite as is becoming the tradition on these Sundays. Although we are upping the miles and I hope to be up to 40 by Yuletide, we need to up our speed so that we don't take too long on the day.

Both N and C are talking about investing in a racer each now. I can understand this. I am not the fittest person but with my new bike I seem to find the hills and distance a bit easier than when I was using my mountain bike. Plus my new bike is lovely. My back hurts a bit though, I think I must be sitting a bit oddly on it (the bike, not my back)...I must get that corrected when I visit Condors for its free service in a couple of weeks.

Here is my bike wish list:

  • Proper racing sunglasses (wraparound la-di-dah ones)
  • A warm jacket
  • A huge proper pump for my tyres
  • A bike rack for my car
  • Some decent lights

Blimey, this charity run is all expenses!

On a completely different note here is a picture as promised in the last entry of Slovenian Mushroom soup in a loaf of bread.

and here is a very childish shop name spotted in Slovenia. I laughed.

I need a back massage.

No comments: