Sunday, April 01, 2007

A very profitable weekend indeed

Work is rubbish, let's get that out of the way for a start. But this weekend has gone so well that I would be happy to go in tomorrow and tell them to poke it. I don't think that will happen but it's a nce thought.

Friday I watched "Spinal Tap" - one of my top ten and then me and the eldest played "Guitar Hero" on PS2. There is a song from the film on the game and I play it quite well, even if I do say so myself.

Saturday I put together a shed with the expert help of N1. It looks the nuts and there is something very satisfying about putting up a shed - perhaps it's one of the few projects I have undertaken recently which I've seen through to completion unlike much of my work (on the subject of work again - I keep getting layered with "Tasks" which I neither have time nor inclination to caryy out and management choose to ignore my protestations - until they realise the work hasn't been done then they complain. And all everyone ever does is chase me up - no one else appears to do anything of worth. I really do hate my job, does anyone actually do anything these days? And they want to change my contract saying I should be paid by the day rather than the hour, well they can eff off with that one - I'd rather leave straight away than agree to that outrageous proposal!)

Sunday I tried to get tickets for Glastonbury spending two hours without success - it all sold out by 11 but I noticed on the website that extra tickets were available by phone. After half an hour on the phone I got through and was able to book 6 tickets in a tippee. I am unsure as to what this involves but the main thing is we are going and I think the tippee option will be very interesting. Shame that the camper van can't come but it will get some other use this summer I'm sure. I am very pleased about getting tickets. I'm looking forward to seeing Shirley Bassey! She might come and visit the tippee.

This afternoon I completed 43 miles cycling with N1 around Biggin Hill and Westerham. We got cut up by some kn0b in a red ferrari but generally the traffic was kind to us. I shall attempt some more next weekend as we are getting closer and closer to the big day. Sunny but very windy...

So all in all a very profitable weekend.

1 comment:

FBT said...

if you say "red Ferrari", the "some knob" is redundant.