Monday, April 16, 2007

The normal stuff



My reasons to post these days in relation to cycling are limited. Yes I did 40 miles this weekend with the team around Maidstone, stopping in a lovely pub for a shandy at lunch, and yes I'm feeling confident about the ride, 4 weeks to go now. And the weather yesterday was scorching for April, unnaturally warm for the time of year, and a sure sign of some sort of global warming catastrophe (although the Independent on Saturday now says 20 minutes a day of sunshine carries sufficinet vitamin D to ward off winter colds and flu, who do you trust these days?).

No my postings are limited cos I want to blog about other things and a couple of weeks ago I said I would set up a new blog. I am going to do just that (although I have just spent the last half an hour on the very rewarding pasttime of changing my theme in Control Panel/Display to Windows Classic Grey and fishing out an old photo of Ursula Andress as my desktop. Lovely. Now the eldest has been in asking to use the laptop but I have sent him away telling him I am busy. He is not happy - I will relinquish the laptop after this post.

The new blog will be here soon. And as for the big trek I have decided to blog my journey from London to Paris as well using my clapped out P990i (which I am stuck with for at least another year after foolishly signing up to an 18 month contract - what a rubbish phone, I want a Blackbery Pearl instead).

I have uploaded a pic of Ursula so you can see how lovely she is despite the picture being taken in 1964 - what a dish!