Monday, February 26, 2007

Weekend Update

35 miles on Sunday, which wasn't bad seeing as I've not been out on the new bike for three weeks. My journey around South East London and Kent was productive but my legs are starting to feel fatigued after hill riding. I have a new book by Lance Armstrong which sets you up for your best ride following a 7 week schedule. I am hoping my leg situation will improve if I follow this schedule.

Solo rides get a bit boring, there is no one to talk to when you stop for a break and you become more self conscious of the ridiculous outfit you are wearing. I shall insist on a team ride next week! N1 was in Dublin and C was in Cardiff to view the Arsenal defeat at the hands of Chelsea.

Less than three months to go the big ride - all the sponsorship is raised and we are ready to ride - but for three days? More training required....

2 comments:

Spoon said...

Maybe you should read the book on the bike, to help with thhe solo boredom?

random.thoughts said...

I was thinking of riding with my ipod shuffle - but could this be a bit dangerous?