Sunday, February 04, 2007

45 miles, a puncture, hot cross buns


45 miles trek initiated by R, mad mad R who is cycling mad but is not joining us for the trek to Paris. We complain about the hills we get asked to do, and the first one is a killer. I have to get off which is a first for me and a disappointment. Still these are excessive hills (Surrey Hills, check em out) and the completion of 45 miles is satisfying.

My normal Sunday evening aches and pains are here. But I have raised my £1000 in three weeks with ease. City work may be rubbish but its employees are on the whole very generous. And the donations are still coming in!

We had a puncture today, C was going to head back home from Penshurst station as we had no pump to fit his tyres, but as we approached the station a kind man who was parking his car in his garage donated a pump and we were able to change the tube and get back on track. I think R had another 20 miles in mind so C did us a favour with the delay caused by the puncture.

Hot cross buns kept us going along with Mars Bars bananas and some drink I bought in Holland and Barratt which tastes vile but apparently gives you energy. Mmm the hot cross buns were good - although I prefer mine with butter and these were plain they were still lovely. But it is too early for such items? We are not yet into Lent, even. Sacrilege!

I attach a picture of puncture repair situation. I wasn't being very helpful by capturing the moment instead of assisting that I fear I may not get any help myself should I suffer the same fate.

I still don't know if I'm fit enough to do this...I need to do another 25 miles in one day! Help!

No comments: